Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Things Are Copacetic

By now you all know that I can't go on a hike without getting injured.  Last Saturday my friend Don and I were headed off to Catlett Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park for a 10 mile "strenuous" hike.

I should have known.  It was a chilly, rainy days and my knees hurt.  I decided I would tough it through, so we set off.  The first obstacle was a stream we had to cross by stepping on boulders. Success!  On we went, and lo and behold -- another stream to ford!  The boulders were bigger and farther apart and were a lot slippery than the first stream.

But off I went, brave warrior that I am.  Well, that third step is a bitch.  Down I went into the lovely cold water.  My leg hurt but that was about it.  I waded through the water to the banks and checked out my leg.  Shit. (not for the squeamish)


So off I go to the ER.  I should have a memorial wing.  They didn't stitch it because I fell in fresh water.  Germs, and all that.  i should have some lovely scars, but what's a few more?  I'm a warrior!  Onward I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment