Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Countdown Begins!

It's finally 2013, THE year of my great adventure. 

277 DAYS TO GO UNTIL I DEPART FOR EVEREST BASE CAMP!  I'm working on a checklist or "to do" thingy.  There are so many things coming up, but the ongoing theme is train, train, train.  Just a few examples of "to do" items:
  • Buy clothing and equipment.  I can't skimp here!  Damn, the sleeping bag (0 degrees, at least) can cost $600 or more!  They're not called "mummy bags" for nothing.  Tending to be a little claustrophobic, I'm going to have to have a few trial runs on that one!
  • Hike at altitude.  I'm practically at sea level here (341 feet, to be exact) so I've got to get some elevation!  
  • Continue my mantra: "EverEST, EverEST, EverEST...."
  • Watch as many scary videos of climbing the mountain as I can find, then chant my new mantra: "Base CAMP, Base CAMP, Base CAMP..."
So for today I'm going to do 90 minutes on the elliptical using the workout profile "Kilimanjaro".  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment