Monday, July 15, 2013

Hiking The Trail

......Appalachian Trail, that is.  Yesterday my hiking buddy Don and I went hiking about 45 minutes west, not in but near the Shenandoah.  I chose it because I wanted to hike the AT, as we pros call it.

It was probably the most difficult trail we've done so far.  It was filled with large rocks and boulders, which we had to maneuver around very carefully. Lots of ups and downs, as well as a stream crossing.  Yes, I made it this time.   Me, with my cast and trekking poles!  You know what they say -- Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in heels. 

Next up:  Huachuca Mountains, Arizona, with my Everest partner Rick.  Hmm, wonder if it will be HOT?

A few photos:  a very friendly butterfly, a "good" spot on the trail, and the sign to prove it!



No comments:

Post a Comment