Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Life Is A Circle

My 40th high school reunion is next week.  I'm going of course, having dieted, used every "youthening" face cream I could find, and looking for the most slimmimg Spanx.

So yeah, 40 years.  Wow.  I've been in charge of the invitations and the RSVPs so I know what everyone's been doing.  Many are retired or semi-retired.  Many have grandchildren -- in fact, I heard from a friend today who has NINE grandkids!  The "those who have passed" list is longer; this year it includes my dear cousin, Dave.  So many women are breast cancer survivors, and some people are widows or widowers.  A few are on their third (and beyond) marriages, and others have young kids.  (Poor souls!)

I remember a song by Harry Chapin called "All My Life's A Circle". Catchy melody, and I've never forgotten it.  It's never been more true than now.

All my life's a circle;
Sunrise and sundown;
Moon rolls thru the nighttime;
Till the daybreak comes around.
All my life's a circle;
But I can't tell you why;
Season's spinning round again;
The years keep rollin' by.
It seems like I've been here before;
I can't remember when;
But I have this funny feeling;
That we'll all be together again.
No straight lines make up my life;
And all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings;
And so far no dead-ends.

I found you a thousand times;
I guess you done the same;
But then we lose each other;
It's like a children's game;
As I find you here again;
A thought runs through my mind;
Our love is like a circle;
Let's go 'round one more time.

Rock on, Class of '73!


No comments:

Post a Comment