Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Safety first!!

Today I got most of my immunizations for Everest!  Let's see....typhoid, tetanus/diptheria/pertussis, and Hepatitis A and B.  In a couple of weeks I start my rabies injections.  Guarding against those roaming Katmandu dogs!

Since my breast cancer scare (all clear) I finally believe this is really going to happen.  In the back of my mind I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It's absolutely dropped before and it's really hard to let my guard down. 

But here I go!  My training has picked up in anticipation of my April 6 visit to San Diego, where we'll have the "kickoff" for our training hike season.  Two hikes that weekend.  The rest of the schedule will come out soon and I'll let you know.

Also -- this is just crazy, and it can be added to the series of coincidences associated with this trip --
Two old classmates of mine live in Europe, one in Switzerland and one near the French Alps.  They both have graciously invited me to visit them and do some serious training hikes!  I hope it happens.  Various stars will have to align but I'm hopeful.

On and end note, my husband and I recently took a cruise to the Bahamas.  If you've ever been on a cruise you know that they take these really cheesy pictures then sell them to you at an inflated cost.  Suckers that we are, we bought a few of them.  Check it out -- this one's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment