Saturday, December 1, 2012

I know I've blogged about the coincidences that have occurred to get me pointed to Everest.  At some point I'm going to write it all up, but here's the latest.

I'm pretty new to Twitter but am using it to get the word out about my trip, and to meet people with similar interests.  I've "met" some really neat people, from breast cancer survivors to Parkinson's patients in all stages of both diseases.

In the last couple of days I've connected with a gentleman from Ely, England and a couple from Wales who -- now get this -- will be trekking to Everest Base camp at the same time I will!  We're already exchanging itineraries and I hope to meet up with them in Katmandu.

I promise you, these things just keep on happening.  It's truly one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment