Monday, December 3, 2012

 RANDOM AND IRRELEVANT THOUGHTS OF THE DAY, BUT WHO'S ASKING?

I've always liked watching TV, but when I was first diagnosed with Parkinson's and during surgery and treatment for breast cancer, TV was my best friend.  So ok, I'm addicted.  (Gotta have one vice!)
  • I admit it -- I'm totally addicted to reality TV.  Bravo is MY channel.  The Housewives of (whatever) are my absolute favorite!  What a bunch of train wrecks.  Chick fights galore and lots of high school-like arguments and relationships.  The Shahs of Sunset is a hoot. 
  • On TruTV I like Hardcore Pawn, about a pawn shop in the Six Mile area of Detroit.  Oh, the drama!  And of course, all of the talent contests: American Idol, The X Factor, The Voice (my favorite), So You Think You Can Dance.  There are others but I've embarrassed myself enough.
  • Do you watch Homeland on Showtime?  THE BEST show on television by far.  If you watch it, do you think Damian Lewis's mouth is a little small for his face?
  • I am a hardcore glued-to-the-set sports fan.  In addition to the regular stuff I even watch golf and NASCAR (there's a real strategy to it!).  August to April is fabulous.  Football (college and pro), baseball playoffs, basketball (mostly pro until March Madness), and NHL hockey (except for this season -- both sides are a bunch of selfish babies. The season is a wash.)  
  • Then we hit summer and Washington Nationals baseball.  Mark my words -- World Series by 2015.  Yep, it's a long season but have you ever REALLY watched baseball? There's a strategy to it!  (Heard that before?) I used to score games when I lived in California.  We had season tickets and there is nothing more relaxing than sitting in the sun just down the 3rd base line with a score sheet in your lap.  I was at the park when Barry Bonds broke the home run record (the cheating bum).  It was magic.
Ok, that's it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment